#14 – Speaking with School Psychologist Justine Tonner-Joyce
Justine Tonner-Joyce is a registered psychologist with over 15 years experience working with young people and adults in clinical, educational and private practice settings. Justine currently works at Melbourne Girls Grammar School in Melbourne, Victoria, where she has worked for the past 10 years. Justine began her career the Albert Road Centre for Health as a probationary psychologist working with high-risk adolescents in the later 1990’s.
Justine completed her Graduate Diploma of Educational Psychology and Masters of Counselling Psychology at Monash University and is a Member Australian Psychological Society and an affiliate member of the APS College of Sports Psychology.
Whilst training to become a psychologist Justine was also training and competing as an elite rower becoming a world champion and world record holder in the women’s lightweight pair. She was recently inducted into the Rowing Victoria Hall of fame.
So let see how we all wear it differently with school psychologist Justine Tonner- Joyce.
Websites and apps
- Reachout.com for professionals and young people
- smilingmind.com.au Mindfulness app
- tuningintokids.org.au emotion coaching for parents
Justine's self-care tip
- Get excellent supervision
- Get out in nature and if you have kids spend lots of mindful time with them!
Leave me a comment or some feedback about this episode in the comments section. I'll respond to everyone!
- # 63 – Paediatric Chronic Pain with Dr Nicki Ferencz - November 13, 2020
- # 64 – Chronic Pain with Sports and Exercise Psychologist Damien Stewart - November 11, 2020
- # 62 – Pain Management with Dr Jacqui Stanford - November 8, 2020
Love this recording. This Interview helped me learn more about role of a school psych. and looking foward to do school psychology course this year.