# 61 – Mindfulness Myths with Dr Russ Harris
Russ Harris, is a world-renowned trainer of Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), and the author of the international best-selling self-help book ‘The Happiness Trap.’ In this episode, we chat about Mindfulness Myths.
Russ Harris’s background is in medicine. As a GP he became increasingly interested in the psychological aspects of health and wellbeing, and increasingly disenchanted with writing prescriptions. Ultimately this interest led to a total career change, from GP to therapist and coach.
Since 2005, Russ has run over 600 two-day workshops and provided ACT training for over 30,000 health professionals, including therapists, coaches, counsellors, doctors, and psychologists. He has authored three ACT textbooks (ACT Made Simple, Getting Unstuck in ACT, ACT Questions & Answers), and four ACT-based self-help books (The Happiness Trap, The Reality Slap, The Confidence Gap and ACT with Love). He has also co-authored two self-help books (The Weight Escape and The Happiness Trap Pocketbook). The Happiness Trap is now the most widely-translated ACT book in the world, with over 600,000 copies sold worldwide and editions in over 30 languages.
- Being Flexible with Dropping Anchor (Don't stick to the script)
- Dropping Anchor (Handout for clients)
- Dropping Anchor – Audio Recording (Please share freely with clients). You can download free audio recordings of ‘dropping anchor’ exercises, varying from 1 minute to 11 minutes in length. Either download or stream them from the left hand box on the webpage.
- # 63 – Paediatric Chronic Pain with Dr Nicki Ferencz - November 13, 2020
- # 64 – Chronic Pain with Sports and Exercise Psychologist Damien Stewart - November 11, 2020
- # 62 – Pain Management with Dr Jacqui Stanford - November 8, 2020
Leave a Comment