#15 – From School Principal to School Psychologist, Tony Trevitt
Tony Trevitt is a School Psychologist who currently works at Mount Lilydale Mercy College, a position he has held for five years. Tony works with a team of 3 psychologists and a student wellbeing co-ordinator. The team services a school population of 1450 students and works primarily from an Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) framework.
Before returning to university as a mature age student Tony has a long and successful career as a primary school teacher and then School Principal, a position he held for 20 years.
Tony completed his Post-Graduate Diploma of Psychology in 2009 and Masters of Counselling Psychology in 2013 at Swinburne University in Melbourne.
In addition to working as a School Psychologist, Tony works in private practice and has a special interest in mens mental health, stress management, mindfulness and autism spectrum disorders.
- Know Thyself : The Stress Release Program – Dr. Craig Hassed (or any other of his books or CDs)
Psychoed for adolescents and/or parents and/or teachers
Autism Spectrum Disorder
- The Essential Manual for Asperger Syndrome (ASD) in the Classroom – Kathy Hoopmann
- The Complete Guide to Asperger’s Syndrome – Tony Attwood
- ACT training – Dr. Russell Harris – www.actmindfully.com.au
- Mindfulness training with Craig Hassed – he has offered courses through the Gawler Foundation, the Anxiety Recovery Centre Victoria and Monash University
Clinical Intervention on-line resources for mental health practitioners (great printable fact sheets) at www.cci.health.wa.gov.au
- Sleep Pillow (sleep)
- Mindfulness Coach (PTSD)
- Smiling Mind (mindfulness)
- Stress Check
- ACT Companion (ACT)
- Mindshift (anxiety)
- 3D Brain (images & labels)
- Breathe (controlled breathing/ heart rate)
Tony's Best Self-Care Tip
Long bike rides!
Leave me a comment or some feedback about this episode in the comments section. I'll respond to everyone!
- # 63 – Paediatric Chronic Pain with Dr Nicki Ferencz - November 13, 2020
- # 64 – Chronic Pain with Sports and Exercise Psychologist Damien Stewart - November 11, 2020
- # 62 – Pain Management with Dr Jacqui Stanford - November 8, 2020
Leave a Comment