Dr David Curnow is a Forensic Psychologist, full time member of the Adult Parole Board of Victoria and expert on White Collar Crime. He is the first Forensic Psychologist to sit on the Adult Parole Board, who's role is to make independent and appropriate decisions in relation to:
- release of prisoners on supervised conditional release
- cancellation of orders and return of offenders to prison custody
- submission of reports to the Minister for Corrections as required by legislation
Dr Curnow also provides consultancy services and training to corporations on such topics as embezzlement and employee theft. His PhD examined both personality and decision making of incarcerated embezzlers who took from 100k to 25 million dollars from their organisations. Other specialist training programs he presents include Violence Treatment, Forensic Interviewing and Offence Mapping.
David has provided casual lecturing at a variety of universities. He currently teachers at RMIT university in their Criminal Justice Degree on risk assessment and working with violent men. Dr Curnow also provides supervision for Executive level Psychologists.
Earlier in his career David worked at the Department of Justice as the Regional Manager of Offending Behaviour Programs. Prior to this he was a senior clinician for Corrections Victoria.
David also has a strong interest in Chronic Pain. His Master's thesis examined the assessment of malingering of chronic low back pain. One of his great loves is group work and he strongly encourages psychologists to consider management roles, enabling them to effect change at a systematic level!
Please leave Dr David Curnow or myself a comment or some feedback, we’d love to hear from you and I’ll respond to everyone!
- # 63 – Paediatric Chronic Pain with Dr Nicki Ferencz - November 13, 2020
- # 64 – Chronic Pain with Sports and Exercise Psychologist Damien Stewart - November 11, 2020
- # 62 – Pain Management with Dr Jacqui Stanford - November 8, 2020