Dr Marie Karakis is a Child and Adolescent Psychologist with experience working in schools, community and clinical settings. She is the owner and director of private practice Young minds Psychology, in Melbourne, Australia.
Marie completed her Doctor of Educational Psychology at The University of Melbourne and is currently endorsed by the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) as a specialist in the area of Educational and Developmental Psychology. Marie has specialist training in assessment, counselling and behavior management for a range of developmental issues, such as: Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), anxiety, depression, ADHD, behavioural difficulties, grief and learning issues.
Marie has extensive experience working with young people diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) including Asperger’s syndrome and has a special interest working in the area of early intervention and school readiness.
- Amaze Website (http://www.amaze.org.au) – Provides information on funding,assessment, interventions and support groups for parents and professionals caring for a young person with ASD.
- The Australian Autism Handbook – By Benison O’Reilly & Kathryn Wicks (2013)
- Kids in the Syndrome Mix of ADHD, LD, Autism Spectrum, Tourette’s, Anxiety and More! – By Martin Kutscher (2014)
- The Complete Guide to Asperger’s Syndrome – By Tony Attwood (2008)
- Counselling Children: A practical Introduction – By Kathryn Geldard, David Geldard and Rebecca Yin Foo (2013)
- Counselling Adolescents: The Proactive Approach for Young People – By Kathryn Geldard, David Geldard and Rebecca Yin Foo (2015)
Best Self-Care Tip
- Take your emails off your phone
- Exercise! (Any physical activity you enjoy, and do it regularly, not just after the festive season!)
Leave me a comment or some feedback about this episode in the comments section. I'll respond to everyone!