Dr. Janet Hall is a psychologist, hypnotherapist, sex therapist, author, professional speaker, trainer, and media consultant. Dr Jan founded the Richmond Hill Psychology clinic which provides services to: 1) Adults (Specialising in Success Coaching, Relationships and Sex Therapy) and 2) Children/Families (Specialising in Confidence, Self-esteem and Bedwetting)
Dr Jan was a Rotary Graduate Fellow in 1979 and studied behavioural psychology at the University of California, Santa Barbara, U.S.A. She completed her Ph.D. in 1986 at Latrobe University, Melbourne, Australia.
Dr Jan's diverse range of experiences as a psychologist has included private practice, educational psychology in public and private schools, Odyssey House Drug Rehabilitation Centre and State Bank trauma counsellor for victims of bank hold-ups. Dr Jan has developed an eclectic style of psychological practice based on over 30 years of study and practice which has included neuropsychology and ability assessment, cognitive-behaviour therapy, hypnotherapy, and humanistic psychology (including psychodrama and rebirthing).
As a presenter, trainer, educator & humorist, Dr Jan is an accredited member of the National Speakers Association of Australia. She is a powerful influencer and draws upon her hypnotic skills to inspire very effective creative visualisations during presentations. This is evident in her Treasure Map events – (the ‘right-brain’creative version of goal-setting where participants create a visual map of their goals).
Dr Jan has dedicated herself to learning a lot of things – quickly – and to help others learn easily, with fun and confidence. In her search for powerful presentation techniques and methods of influencing, Dr Jan has extensively studied state of the art Accelerated Learning Techniques in Australia, Hawaii and in California with the Accelerated Learning Institute. Over five years, Jan studied extensively with and was personal assistant to Robert Kiyosaki, business consultant and author of top selling books – If You Want to Be Rich and Happy, Don’t Go To School and Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Dr Jan has studied with the founders of Neurolinguistic Programming, John Grinder and Richard Bandler, and has studied Ericksonian Hypnosis and participated in workshops with master facilitators such as Michael Yapko and Joseph Barber.
Dr Jan consults regularly with print media and is a frequent guest on talk-back radio and current affairs shows. She was a regular for two years on the Sex Life television program in Australia.
Dr Jan believes that people deserve to feel empowered and allow themselves to be the best they can for the good of all. She has a happy knack of making psychology user friendly and her personal mission is to eliminate the Tall Poppy Syndrome in Australia.
- Chapman, G (2015). 5 Love Languages. Moody Press, US.
- Hall, J (2000). Sex Wise. Random House Australia, Milsons Point, Australia.
- Montgomery, Bob & Morris, Laurel (1990). You & sex. Viking O'Neil, Ringwood, Vic
- Dr Jan's Website & subscribe to Dr Jan's newsletter here
- Richmond Hill Psychology
- Beverly Whipple – Sex Researcher
- Embrace – Documentary
- Sydney University – Counselling/Sex Therapy Course
- Curtin University – Master of Sexology
- Society for Australian Sexologists (SAS)
- Million Dollar Round Table and Janet's Talk
Dr Jan's Self-care Tip
- Exercise! (Dr Jan is 67 and goes to the gym 5 times a week)
- Regular massage (ideally once a fortnight, at least once a month)
- Dr Jan gets plenty of sleep. She goes to bed early (8:30pm) and is a prolific reader.
- Dr Jan found the man of her dreams in her second marriage and loves to travel (with him!)
Please leave Dr Janet Hall or myself a comment or some feedback, we’d love to hear from you and I’ll respond to everyone!
Latest posts by Amy Felman (see all)
- #53 – LA Concierge Psychologist, Dr Crystal Lee - November 1, 2017
- #52 – Early Career Psychologist Series, Chapter 5 – Emily Green - October 8, 2017
- #51 – Early Career Psychologist Series, Chapter 4 – Rose Evans and Anastasia Hronis - September 8, 2017